100% Correct WAEC Geography Physical and Practical Questions and Answer Solution – May/June 2017 Expo Runs
i)it has few social amenities
ii)it is a feature of rural settlements
iii)they are only motivate in primary activities like farming lumbering fisht etc
Erosion is the process of eroding or being eroded by wind ,
water, or other natural agents . While Mass movement is
the movement of surface material caused by gravity .
the movement of surface material caused by gravity .
i ) runing water
vi ) glaciers
i ) Water
– rainwater acts as a lubricant to
weathered materials .
– lack of vegetation cover to hold the
loose particles .
iii) Rock structure
– joints dipping downslope usually
assists landslides , rockfalls , rockslide ,
rock creep .
i)Rarely has fossils
ii)React with acid
iii)have alternate bands of light
and dark minerals
i)formed through the action of heat and pressure
ii)formed from clay
iii)formed from limestone
i)rocks are source of minerals eg gold,silver,petroleum etc
ii)rocks are source of materials for construction
iii)rocks serves as raw materials for industry eg cement industry
6a)Soil can be defined as the organic and inorganic materials on the surface of the earth that provide the medium for plant growth.
6bii Clay soils with 25-40% clay
These soils have a good ability to transport water by
capillary action from deep layers but the rate is slow, so plant water requirements are not met through capillary water.
2 These soils are darker in colour and soil aggregation is more distinct.
i ) Agricultural Pollution
ii) Oil Pollution .
iii) Radioactive Substances polution
iv ) River dumping pollution
v ) Marine Dumping pollution
i ) A regular qualitative and quantitative monitoring of fresh
ii) Construct proper sanitary landfill
iii) Investigate ground water quality .
iv ) Provide government help for waste management by
v ) Throw refuse into garbage cans . Visitors who throw
garbage into pools , lakes , ponds, and even along the
beaches pollute recreational sites on a daily basis
a) Causes of Desert Encroachment
1. Human activities: such activities such as over-grazing, over-cultivation, bush burning, and excessive cutting of firewood greatly reduce the vegetative cover and expose the land to drought and desertification. Examples of areas with desert encroachment are the Sahelian zones of Nest Africa, Ethiopia, Somalia and Sudan.
2. Change in Weather: The frequent and prolonged dry weather increases the aridity of affected areas.
3. The southward movement of the dry sub-tropical high pressure belt results in severe drought in semi-arid regions.
b) *Effects of Desert Encroachment*
1. Large scale disruption of socio-economic life arising from crop failure and shortage of water and pasture for livestock.
2. Widespread malnutrition and diseases such as kwashiokor and marasmus.
3. Migration of people from drought areas to more humid areas.
4. Large refugee population, that are made up of victims of drought and social insecurity in the semi-arid areas.
5. Disruption of ecological balance and loss of vegetation, soil and water resources.
c) *Preventive Measures of Desert Encroachment*
1. Conservation of existing vegetation through legislation against indiscriminate exploitation and felling of forests and trees.
2. Legislation and strong control against bush burning.
3. Improved grazing practices.
4. Establishment of shelter belts to protect the soil and arrest the effect of desertification.
5. Afforestation programs.
6. Integrated rural development.
Factors that affect Mass Movement
It is very clear, that mass movement or mass wasting is movement of weathered material with the aid of gravity, there are many factors that affect this movement. I shall tell you about 6 main factors as follows:
1. Where permeable rocks alternate with impermeable rocks, the permeable rocks are more more prone to mass wasting than the impermeable rocks.
2. Mass movement is pronounced in areas with steep slopes where the weathered layer is deep and the weathered materials are loose. Naturally, the rate of movement of weathered materials is faster on steep slopes than on gentle slopes.
3. Mass movement is encouraged if there are earthquakes and volcanic eruptions.
4. Areas with a high annual range of temperature and a high frequency of freezing and thawing will encourage soil creep while areas with a high temperature and occasional torrential rainfall encourage mudflow.
5. Mass movement is also encouraged if there is no vegetation.
6. The activities of man like mining and herding of animals encourage the production of mass movement or mass wasting. This are the factors that affect Mass movement or wasting.
Expospy.com posts all exam expo answer earlier than others
WAEC 2017 (WASSCE) geography practical physical Answers Now Available Here
verified Waec 2017 geography practical and obj questions and
answers, 2017 free waec geography practical answers, waec
Geography answer, 100% 2017
waec wassce Geography 3 (Practical and P free expo/runz, 2017 waec Geography 3 (Practical and Phys free answer, Geography 3 (Practical and waec 2017
expo, waec 2017/2018 expo for real correct verified obj essay expo Geography 3 (Practical and answer, live 2017 wassce geography 3 essay and obj answer now available, how to get 2017 waec
question and answer, 2017/2018 waec Geography 3 (Practical and Physical Geograph
question and answers, Download 2017 waec Geography 3 (Practical and Physical Geography) answers waec answer, waec 2017 expo, waec 2017 Geography 3 (Practical and Physical Geography) expo, waec Geography 3 (Practical and Physical Geography) runz/expo, 2017 waec
Geography 3 (Practical and Physical Geography) expo now available, 2017 Waec obj and theory
answer. 2017 waec Geography 3 (Practical and Physical Geography) ANSWERS IS NOW
AVAILABLE HERE,I need 2017 waec Geography 3 (Practical and Physical Geography)
answers Geography 3 (Practical and Physical Geography) answer for waec 2017,Free
2017 waec Geography 3 (Practical and Physical Geography) EXPO AND ANSWERS,waec
Geography 3 (Practical and Physical Geography) 2017 waec expo for Geography 3 (Practical and Physical Geography) answers by Examscampus, 9jabaze, waploaded, naijagreen, bams,Solutionclass ,examlogo, ,Gidifans, Gurusgist, naijagoodies,
Examloaded Waec Runz sureboys Waec 2017 Geography 3 (Practical and Physical Geography) questions answers expo Fullclub
ceebook Waec 2017 expo Examfield , Exapowap waec Geography 3 (Practical and Physical Geography) expo,Generalguru, , samzyworld, Examwap,flashlearners,ji blastexam,generalbaze,Gurusgist, naijapunch,
,loadedexpo, Bombexpo, jazzyfans,examalert, Grupdates,
Wapbase,wapbaze,naijabaze, Wapdoze, Naijashine, Naijafresh, donprosper,
expoloaded,guruscamp, expocrew, codedextra.com, WAEC GCE geography practical expo answer for 2017